This website was simply born because I wanted to have a nice My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic wallpaper but had trouble finding a proper one and didn't want to start browsing through huge lists. Ironically I started doing just that get content on the site.
Any of the systems (image galleries) I knew weren't actually suitable for this site, so I decided to code one of my own from scratch with PHP. I wanted the site to be as lightweight as possible and sadly I really didn't (and still don't) have the time to ask permission from every artist, so my solution was to redirect downloads to their galleries (mainly deviantART) and didn't feel like modding that to any existing gallery systems. So I spent one evening coding furiously and managed to get the site up during that night, with over 100 wallpapers.
My Little Wallpaper is not affiliated to Hasbro, The Hub or its associates.
Using the search
Since the search might be a bit difficult to use with no instructions, here's how you use it:
There are four different kind of tags: author, aspect, platform and normal tags. The search field has an autocomplete function which gives suggestions to your input. Other tags than normal tags are prefixed, for example "author:WhiteDiamonds". Autocomplete in the search doesn't require prefixes, but you can use prefixes to narrow the autocomplete results down.
To search for more than one tag, you can use commas to separate your tags. If you use autocomplete, it adds the commas for you.
If you want to search for wallpapers that have only the characters you specify, prefix the tags with = character. Note that characters that aren't tagged (for example non-MLP characters) are not taken into account.
- Android wallpapers (& themes): platform:Android [link]
- Twilight Sparkle wallpapers: Twilight Sparkle [link]
- Wallpapers in 16:9 aspect: aspect:16:9 [link]
- Desktop wallpapers by GuyRandom: author:GuyRandom, platform:Desktop [link]
- Wallpapers with only Fluttershy: =Fluttershy [link]
- Wallpapers with only Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie: =Fluttershy, =Pinkie Pie [link]
Since there are many features planned and I really need to start making the improvements to the system running the site, a project management site has been opened to keep track on the progress and plans. You can see all completed and planned features as well as bug fixes there.
- jQuery & jQuery UI © jQuery Foundation and the jQuery UI Team
- jQuery ColorBox © Jack Moore
- jQuery Watermark © Todd Northrop
- jQuery Tweet © Todd Matthews & Steve Purcell
- jQuery Lazy Load © Mika Tuupola
- Cufón © Simo Kinnunen
- jqPlot © Chris Leonello
- My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic © Hasbro
You can use the Feedback from or contact us directly: